At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We’re pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We’re in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
- Build a multi-faceted Employer Brand strategy to engage colleagues and attract even more incredible talent.
- Work with the talent acquisition team to understand the talent profiles for the organisation, support the development of a robust recruitment marketing strategy that meets our candidate experience expectations, and tells the story of the organisation.
- ًWork with the internal communications team to deliver a creative internal communications strategy to highlight and reinforce the colleague value proposition to existing colleagues.
- Project manage the cross functional Employer Brand taskforce.
- Develop campaigns to increase awareness of Careem with potential candidates and help the talent acquisition team meet hiring goals.
- Apply best practices and approaches from brand marketing, digital media, and communications to People team operations.
- Develop communications campaigns to support the talent recruiting strategy and drive candidate attraction and engagement through social media, events, and other channels.
- Enhance the look and feel of Communications (internal and external) throughout the candidate and colleague lifecycle.
- Develop campaigns to build brand affinity and advocacy amongst colleagues; help build a brand ambassadors programme.
- Create, uncover and amplify personal and inspirational Colleague stories to support the employer brand.
- Analyse and develop reports measuring the effectiveness of recruitment/talent marketing campaigns on an ongoing basis to ensure maximum ROI. The lead will help provide feedback on these results to stakeholders.
- Manage and own external vendors and award-body relationships, ensuring Careem is well-positioned and represented externally.
- Establish a recruiter talent brand toolkit/pitchbook.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a brand-related role
- Experience defining programme requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- Ability to define, simplify and communicate a company’s colleague value propositions internally and externally
- Experience in working with global cross-functional teams
- Experience working on social media and internal communications-related programmes
- Experience working closely with People teams to deliver joined up initiatives
- Experience developing measurement tools to report on Employer Brand activities