Zurich is one of the world’s leading insurance groups, and one of the few to operate on a global basis. Our mission is to help our customers understand and protect themselves from risk. With around 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 210 countries and territories, we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. We help individuals, small and medium sized companies and global corporations around the world understand and protect themselves from risk by offering a wide range of insurance products, solutions and advisory services.
We are looking for an Underwriting Services Specialist to join our team and play a key role in our Middle East Team. Reporting to the Underwriting Service Team Leader, you’re expected to provide advanced processing support, technical rating and policy issuance for routine to moderately complex business transactions.
- Utilize automated systems to enter or retrieve policy information, support processing, rating and policy issuance of all transactions that are routine or non-routine entries for moderately complex transactions.
- Interacts with Zurich staff to obtain and provide necessary information in order to resolve issues and provide timely, accurate service to attract and retain profitable business.
- Maintains, manages and controls policy, premium data in global administration tools and ensures data quality.
- Reads applications, binders proposals to extract all information necessary to rate and issue standard coverages (e.g. guaranteed cost) for 2 or more lines of business and identifies missing components (e.g. class codes, exposures limits).
- Respond to data requests by providing extracts from key operational systems performance analysis under guidance of Senior Underwriting Support Assistance, established reporting on a regular or ad hoc base and maintenance of core spreadsheets for performance monitoring.
- Processes all work within department standards and can articulate key compliance impacts (e.g. rate effective and form edition dates).
- Provides trouble shooting and problem solving for standard rating and policy issuance transactions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration or any related field
- 3 or more years of experience in Insurance, Finance or other related field.
- Additional Insurance certifications are preferred
- Solid experience in relationship building and retention
- Proficient in Insurance operations
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to learn quickly, and highly responsive to work instructions
- Strong written and verbal negotiation / communication skills
- Experienced in working with diverse team members
- Willingness to take on a variety of tasks to work towards meeting business objectives