Hill International Careers is Looking to Hire Following Staff – Design Manager Job in Saudi Arabia at Hill International Career
About Hill International
ill International, Inc. is an American construction consulting firm. Founded in 1976, the company’s corporate headquarters are in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S. Hill provides program and project
Design managers are sometimes known as design coordinators or design and build managers. Design managers coordinate all design matters relating to a project, helping to ensure that the multi-disciplinary teams building the project work together smoothly and that everything is delivered on time and within budget.
- Monitor the performance of the Design Consultant to ensure the Design correctness and completeness as well as compliance with the scope of work requirements.
- Ensure that the Design Consultant(s) has considered the end user’s requirements as stated in the requirement statement.
- Control and manage the Senior Discipline Engineers of the Project Management Team in respect of Design aspects.
- Evaluate and endorse the variation orders/concession request submitted by the Design Consultant(s) for Client’s approval.
- Attend all meetings with Design Consultant(s), its sub-consultants and Client’s Meetings.
- Review and comment on all drawings and documents submitted by the Design Consultant(s) and ensure the incorporation of all revisions on all documents.
- Assist, monitor and ensure timely submittals of all documents from the Design Consultant(s) to all government departments until final necessary permits are obtained to proceed with the works to completion.
- Coordinate with regional / home office for technical support required to ensure the correctness and completeness of the Design.
- Review and report to Client all Design Consultant(s)’ monthly reports, including the area of concern and recommended plans of actions.
- Review the Project Strategy and provide a recommendation to the Client.
- Prepare questionnaire for per-qualification of the Construction Contractors, carry out the per-qualification and recommend a bidders’ list.
- Lead PM Disciplines in replying to bidders’ clarifications, issuing bulletins and attending technical meetings with bidders during the Tender stage.
- Propose alternative materials/systems improve the Design Operation, Future Maintenance and Construction costs.
- All Project Documents are controlled, recorded and filed as per contact requirements.
- Familiarise himself with the relevant Quality, Environmental, Safety and Occupational Health Policies, Manuals and Procedures in place within Hill International, and ensure continued compliance with these requirements while employed by Hill.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the line manager/supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent.
- At least 10 years of design management experience.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple project deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- A good understanding of design procedures and design tools is required.
- Registration with an Architectural body is highly preferred (e.g., RIBA).
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.