At Careem we are led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan. We’re pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We’re in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
About the team
You will get to be part of a dynamic and autonomous team from Careem veterans to new tigers who joined on a mission to build Careem Food all aligned on the same values of ownership, shooting to the moon and being of service to customers, partners, colleagues and captains.
What you’ll do
Owning a large & diverse portfolio of restaurants with an objective to increase their volumes/revenue, improve operating metrics and identify future growth bets for the commercial function.
- Execute plans to make the restaurant portfolio grow through promos, campaign participations and marketing activations
- Educating & training restaurants about partner self help tools allowing them to become self-sufficient
- Review and propose partner communications, ensuring partner engagement and long-term relationships.
- Flag operational issues & create improvement plans in collaboration with the restaurants & our partner ops team in order to improve operational efficiency
- Resolve restaurant complaints/queries
- Identifying high potential partners within their respective portfolios
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Languages: Fluent Arabic/Hindi & English
- Experience: 0-1 year
- Working with large amounts of data on spreadsheets/dashboards
Where you’ll be
- Even though we are working remotely, we are strong believers in collaboration and the power of building social connections with our teams. For that reason, our offices are still open and provide plenty of collaboration-friendly spaces at times when teams need it or if you need a quiet space to work outside of home.
- You’ll be working in the location you’re hired from. Due to legal and compensation considerations, you will need to be based out of the country you’re hired from as your primary work location.
What we’ll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.