Al Tayer Group
1- Tax Analyst
Job: Full Time
Location: Dubai, UAE
The Tax Analyst will be an integral part of the Al Tayer Group Tax department in assisting the Indirect Tax Senior Manager on day-to-day compliance and advisory (basic) issues relating to VAT and other prevailing taxes across GCC. Predominantly safeguarding the high standard of tax compliance by ensuring tax policies and processes are adhered to in accordance local tax laws, tax returns are submitted on time and compliance standards maintained.
- Preparation, completion, and submission of VAT/Tax (and equivalent), withholding tax, Excise tax and other compliances to Indirect Tax Senior Manager for the review within the filing deadlines and in compliance with the local tax law.
- Assist variance analysis of the VAT/Tax returns monthly – keeping up to date reports.
- Payments and submissions – keeping records of all the returns submitted.
- Assist Indirect Tax Senior Manager in coordination with BU Finance teams to manage efficient tax processes ensuring compliance with local laws and accounting standards; (review of VAT/Tax assessments, VAT/Tax payments, VAT/Tax refunds, audits, etc)
- Degree level – essential
- CA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA or equivalent
- Knowledge of GCC tax regulations is an advantage
- Data analytics experience (working with large data)
- 2-3 years in VAT/Tax function ideally within Middle East