We are currently seeking for young, dynamic, self motivated Food & Beverage professionals who assist to organize and direct a team that develops top quality of food & beverage products, with prompt, accurate and personalized service.
As an Assistant Chief Steward you are responsible to assist the Chief Steward to enforce the highest possible cleanliness and hygiene standards in all food processing facilities, as well as the operating equipment and your role will include key responsibilities such as:
- Concentrate on the physical operation of the department and be responsible for the smooth running of the whole operation
- Meet with each stewarding employee to give all necessary instructions according to the events of the day
- Check more specifically the proper use of chemicals and washing accessories
- Meet with the Chef on Duty to see what the special kitchen requirements are for the present day and the following one
- Meet with the Assistant Food & Beverage Manager or Outlet Manager to check their requirements for the day and the next day
- Take all necessary actions to reduce the loss of silverware / flatware
- Ensure that all food is returned to the kitchen
- Schedule preventive maintenance work and coordinate with Engineering
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should ideally have a degree in hospitality with previous experiences in the Stewarding Department within a hotel. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, along with strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities are essentials.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be a friendly, respectful individual with good cross cultures sensitivity and a concern for quality and an eye for details. You demonstrate initiatives at all times and lead and support your subordinates by example and with a hands on approach. You will work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and enjoy working with a multi-cultural team, while possessing following additional competencies: