1- Assistant Professor – Textiles and Design
Job: Full Time
Location: Dubai, UAE
You will be highly professional and a committed team player, flexible in approach with excellent communication, energetic, strong organisational skills, able to deliver in the allocated timeframes and be willing to adapt to the duties associated with the role.
- Undertake teaching duties in relation to courses appropriate to your area of knowledge (e.g. through practical sessions, lectures, seminars, tutorials)
- Contribute to the continued development of interior design discipline at undergraduate and postgraduate level in consultation with the Head of Discipline
- Undertake scholarly activity related to the effective delivery of the curriculum and develop the level of your subject expertise in line with the latest developments in the interior design, interior architecture, and environmental design industries as appropriate
- Contribute to the design and delivery of the curriculum in consultation with the programme team and within the structures and mechanisms established by the School and University;
- We require a minimum Master’s Degree and a PhD is desirable
- A record of achievement in professional practice commensurate with appointment at this level
- Recognised teaching qualification, i.e. PGCert/PGCap or membership/fellowship of higher education academy. Or be committed to achieving this within 2 years of appointment.
- Well-developed knowledge and understanding of contemporary practice across the discipline and related areas.