We have an opportunity for an ambitious Graduate Traffic Engineer with basic knowledge of transport planning and traffic engineering to complement our growing traffic team in Dubai. You will become an integral part of a respected and ambitious team, and the role will provide every opportunity for you to make your mark and influence the continuing sustainable growth of Parsons in Dubai and further afield.
As a Graduate Traffic Engineer, you will be involved in delivering a wide range of planning and design projects for our clients across Dubai and Northern Emirates. Applicants will need to be professional, self-motivated, resourceful, and able to prioritize the successful execution of a wide range of traffic and ITS engineering project related tasks. The appropriately qualified applicant will need to clearly demonstrate their interest and knowledge of traffic engineering fundamentals and how they are applied to improve roadway safety and mobility.
- Traffic studies including planning, engineering, design, operations, safety, traffic impacts, and evaluation of alternatives through engineering analysis using data, models, and other tools.
- Data analysis including the compilation, processing, and evaluation of data using spreadsheets, databases, specific software solutions, or other tools to identify trends and draw conclusions relative to enhancing the operations/maintenance of transportation infrastructure.
- Complete project tasks as assigned in an organized manner, communicating progress, delays, priority conflicts, and other matters with supervisors to support a coordinated project delivery.
- Communicate effectively in the form of e-mail, memoranda, reports, and presentations.
- Maintain project records; organize project submittal reviews and other miscellaneous project support tasks.
- Supporting project managers and senior staff by participating in client meetings to discuss project requirements and deliverables, etc.
- Working within established project teams to deliver planning, design and junction analysis tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized university, preferably in the UAE
- Internship with emphasis in traffic engineering or transport planning
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE)
- Basic knowledge of industry standard computer software for the position (examples Synchro, Sidra and HCS)
- Capable of using spreadsheet, word processing and standard office software