- Purpose of the job is to accelerate the growth of our overall YouGov Business, in particular our Data Products & Data Services business units.
- As a Sales Executive, you will be responsible for the sales and business development results of the overall YouGov business. Your focus will be on actively building the pipeline and accelerating the revenue growth of the Dubai office, by continuously marketing and selling our services across the MENA region.
- The Sales Executive reports to the Head of Business Development, MENA and will be closely working together with the Sales Development Representative.
- Actively seek and follow up on leads and actively generate new business; cold emails, calls, etc.
- Identify and segment different client groups by type, e.g. sectors/geographies for new leads; map the identified client group and take in relevant YouGov knowledge, products and services
- Accountable to meet sales target as agreed
- Be the key contact person for new clients and maintain an ongoing conversation
- Be fully up-to-date with the (ever evolving) YouGov offer at a level of detail which will enable meaningful conversations with clients, whatever the requirement; be able to demo our tools
- Maintain updated information about clients and leads in our sales operations and lead generation platforms – SalesForce, Marketo, Netsuite
- Individual planning and execution of sales activities – Manage the sales process from beginning to end – Prepare and independently manage client meetings
- Write quotations or build proposals covering all client requirements including research methods, research design and pricing and pitch the proposal to the client
- Negotiate pricing and terms with clients
- Be able to outline key aspects and USPs of research solutions offered
- Represent YouGov at customer events, exhibitions or conferences
- Be up to date with latest topics and major industry events
- Be fully aware of opportunities and the sales pipeline and any risks/red-flags with revenue and clients highlighted
- Regular reporting on leads, opportunities, & pipeline
- Calm under pressure, ability to multi-task
- Problem-solving, analytical and numerical skills
- Consultative selling approach to evaluate clients needs and match them with related products & services
- Strong cultural, business and financial acumen
- Excellent proposal writing skills & use of PowerPoint
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills
- Outstanding at relationship building
- Ability to deliver results, meet deadlines and manage time effectively
- Excellent organisational & communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Bachelors Degree (MBA an added bonus)
- 4+ years’ experience in a high performing sales environment
- Sales hunting experience with the mentality of ‘customer-first’ approach