What You’ll Do
- Build strong relationships with your suppliers and lead negotiations to ensure the best assortment and margins
- Buy and manage assortment by sourcing the best items and brands possible in order to provide the best experience for our customers
- Partner with Category Managers to identify key consumer trends in our business
- Ensure that we have an updated assortment based on the Commercial team recommendations
- Work across categories, with different internal category stakeholders, including food & non food products
- Collaborate with various functions including commercial, supply chain and store operations teams
- Help to create smooth logistical relationships with Supply Chain and Suppliers
What You’ll Need
Successful candidates will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer centricity, and a strong alignment with our core values and purpose.
- At least 4+ years of experience in the Food or FMCG retail sector in Buying or Category Management . Time spent in tech or a start-up is a plus
- A strong understanding of the Middle East grocery/convenience market – and a willingness to disrupt the way it currently operates
- Experience negotiating with business development partners, FMCG or brand owners. You will be proactively reaching out to brands to build a partnership.
- You are an excellent communicator with any audience with stellar stakeholder management – You can easily explain complex concepts to people of any level
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and address something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away
Where you’ll be
- Even though we are working remotely, we are strong believers in collaboration and the power of building social connections with our teams. For that reason, our offices are still open and provide plenty of collaboration-friendly spaces at times when teams need it or if you need a quiet space to work outside of home.
- You’ll be working in the location you’re hired from. Due to legal and compensation considerations, you will need to be based out of the country you’re hired from as your primary work location.