Abela & Co
Prepare the dining area in the location, event or function where assigned and ensure that all guests/customers are served in a professional, efficient and courteous manner.
- Serve the customers/guests with quality food and beverage prepared according to established standards.
- Ensure that the service station, outlet, area is kept clean and tidy at all times and that crockery and cutlery items are clean and arranged in order as per the standard defined procedure.
- Prepare and close the outlet according to standard opening and closing procedure and ensure that the service area is kept clean and tidy and spills are cleaned immediately and reports any breakdown of equipment to supervisor.
- Ensure the menu is displayed for customers to see easily, is aware of the current menu and is knowledgeable about the dishes being served.
- Regularly tastes the food to increase knowledge about different dishes and aid customers in food selection.
- Check temperature of food and documents on the temperature record sheets as per the policy and notifies any failure to maintain temperature requirements to supervisor for action as required.
- Comply with and practice the company’s established Food Safety Policy procedures especially in food and equipment handling, and ensure that the environment is clean and organized at all times.
- Assist other staff in maintaining sufficient stock during the entire shift including checking all the received stocks, make sure that the same is in accordance with the order, quality and quantity, and display or store them.
- Locations where food is cooked offsite: – Receives cooked food from production staff, covers the food and loads into camp carriers. On arrival at location, unloads camp carriers and displays food in hot and cold bain-maries as appropriate. Ensures food is presented in an appetizing way and garnished appropriately. Replenishes food as required. On completion of service, clears service counter and ensures return of equipment to production kitchen.
- Locations with on site kitchens.: – Displays food in hot and cold bain-maries as appropriate. Liaises with production staff to ensure food is replenished as required. Ensures food is presented in an appetizing way. On completion of service ensures service counter is cleaned thoroughly.
- Locations with full service: – Show customers to a table and offers the menu. Assists the customer in making their choice if required. Takes the food order and relays it to the production staff. Serves the customer their food and observes throughout their meal and meets their requirements. Clears away dirty crockery in a timely manner. Presents the customers with the bill as required and collects money as appropriate.
- Perform other related functions that may be assigned from time to time.
- Secondary/ Vocational degree
- Minimum of 1 year experience in related field.
- Team Work
- Hygiene and Food Safety
- Customer Service Oriented
- Company offers great benefits
- Advancement opportunities
- Attractive package