OliOli® Children's Museum Dubai
OliOli creates experiences that enable creative, open-ended, curious and non-judgmental play for children aged 0-9. OliOli consists of 10 exhibit zones (each containing interactive, hands-on, open-ended, thought-provoking activities.)
Each zone has been designed to create experiences where children can:
a. Use their hands to become better problem solvers
b. Feel emotionally safe (through no judgment) and are able to take risks in ‘low stakes’ environment to understand the consequences of their choices/actions
c. Use technology in a responsible, measured and augmentative manner
d. Gain fascination with STEAM curricula and concepts in a holistic, informal manner
e. Develop their self-regulation and emotional intelligence
- Meeting & greeting customers and advising them on the menu choices.
- Engaging with each child customer at the café and establishing a friendly relation with them and making them feel at home.
- Maintaining the highest possible service standards at the café and birthday parties.
- Achievement of customer satisfaction at all times.
- Handling customer enquiries and complaints
- Problem solving in the absence of the supervisor.
- Liaising with customers, employees, suppliers, licensing authorities, sales representatives etc.
- Consistent application of the Service of Sequence
- Ensuring that SOP’s are being followed.
- Ensure all trainings are followed as instructed.
- Check production/expiry date of each product before serving.
- Ensuring the café is kept hygienic, clean and in perfect shape at all times.
- Gather customer feedback and comments on the products and service.
- Report any issues immediately to supervisor or operations manager.
- Follow policies & procedures that have been instructed by supervisor.
- Follow health and safety practices as per government rules.
- Ensure all café equipment, furniture and accessories are always kept clean.
- Academic: College degree is preferred. Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management would be a plus.
- Experience: Average 2-4 years of experience working in a restaurant/cafe as a Café Barista. Past work experience in any specialist café would be considered as a plus.
- Preparing and serving hot and cold drinks such as coffee, tea, artisan and speciality beverages.
- Thorough knowledge of F&B Operations.
- Excellent customer service knowledge/skills
- Knowledge of Local Dubai Laws, Tradition and Policies.
- Valid certification of Basic Hygiene Training & Person in Charge Training will be considered a plus.
- Any courses/diploma done in child handling, safety, etc. will be a plus.
- Friendly and dynamic personality with a natural ability to communicate and engage with children is extremely important.
- Patient and warm character.
- Excellent Social and Communication Skills
- Expected to work on weekends/holidays
- Physically Fit and Good Balance
- Ability to Operate Simple and Complex Machinery and Equipment, especially semi-automatic coffee machine.
- Values: Honesty, Integrity, Professionalism and Commitment
- Reports to: Assistant Café Manager
- (Externally) – Customers