This position is responsible for contributing to the coordinated efforts of preparing and presenting a high-quality shopping experience to all Farm Boy customers. The performance of the duties must ensure a quality service approach to all customers, employees and suppliers. All responsibilities must be performed in a manner consistent with the Farm Boy Way.
- Provide superior customer service and support Farm Boy’s vision of the best fresh shopping experience.
- Have a passion for food and knowledgeably handle all customer questions or comments confidently.
- Utilizing Farm Boy Service Standards, process all customer purchases, collect the accurate tenders and bag the purchased items.
- May be required to handle or sell alcohol.
- Responsible for learning product codes and applying them in a timely and accurate manner when processing customer orders.
- Responsible for balancing all tenders received.
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls as necessary.
- Keep the work, storage and store front areas clean and safe at all times by performing general “housekeeping” as required, including cart retrieval from the parking area.
- Comply with all corporate policies, especially as they relate to Health and Safety, Food Safety and equipment use.
- May be requested to undertake other related duties on a periodic basis.
- Superior customer service, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- If at a location that sells alcohol, must be a minimum of 18 years of age to handle alcohol and have successfully completed Smart Serve or a willingness to complete as this location sells alcohol.
- Experience in a retail environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered an asset.
- Strong mathematical skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with little supervision with a high standard for quality and cleanliness.
- Ability to work in a team environment with clear and effective communication style, both written and oral
- Flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Fluency in English and French shall be considered an asset.