Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa Direct is an exciting payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate Money Movement (funds transfers and disbursements) to Visa accounts in the U.S. and around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person-to-person (P2P) money transfer, person to micro-business (P2MB) transfer (e.g. payment for goods and services sold by very small businesses), marketplace payouts to gig economy participants, funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claims), and more.
The North America (NA) Manager, Visa Direct Client Solutioning/PIFs team is part of N.A. Visa Direct Product and is focused on building and optimizing a diverse and strong Visa Direct enabler ecosystem by powering Visa Direct payments through traditional and alternative enablement channels such as acquirers, processors, payment facilitators, software platforms, service providers and Fintech’s. Our primary goal is to drive end-to-end implementation for new enablers and strategic merchants. Another part of this role will be to manage the PRM (Program Resource Management) tool and the PIF (Program Information Form) process that is used for all new program launches, facilitate new client onboarding and gather and propose enhancement requests to make the process and tools more user friendly. Finally, a key component of this role will also be to create client-facing and internal technical documentation including best practices for merchants, acquirers, processors, value added services that are essential for successful Visa Direct programs.
This will be a broad-reaching role with client interaction so organizational savvy, interpersonal and communication skills are critical as he/she will interface with all areas of Visa (sales, marketing, commercialization, legal, risk) and with leaders from some of our partners. Key characteristics of the candidate include being comfortable working and engaging in a matrix organization, exceedingly self-motivated with a proactive attitude, and an innately inquisitive nature. This is a critical and highly visible position in the product organization reporting to the Director – N.A. Enabler Solutioning and supporting the VP – N.A. Enabler Solutioning. Visa is looking for an individual that is a thought leader in payments with a proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines.
- Lead end-to-end implementation of Visa Direct for new enablers, strategic merchants and partners, working across cross-functional teams
- Lead and manage client meetings, drive issues to closure, document discussions to include action items and next steps and ensure completion of root cause analysis when necessary
- Coordinate the client onboarding & approval process via the PRM (Program Resources Management) tool
- Manage NA enhancement requests with global team for PIF/PRM improvements
- Create a playbook for North America that establishes best practices for Visa Direct transaction origination through multiple channels while delivering optimal performance
- Collaborate with cross-functional business, product, technology, client services & other teams to drive best in class client solutions & product offerings
- Communicate effectively with clients and internal stakeholders at various levels (including executive leadership)
- Have a solutions-oriented mindset to understand various Visa products (e.g. 3DS, Tokens, Account Verification, Account Name Inquiry, Yellow Pepper, Alias Directory, Cybersource, DPS etc.) at a deeper level to propose appropriate solutions to clients according to their needs through the delivery lifecycle (from concept through design, development, launch and post-launch)
- 5 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 2 or more years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
- Expert level PowerPoint skills for client facing presentation development
- Expert level technical documentation skills including best practices for merchants, acquirers, processors, value added services that are essential for successful Visa Direct programs
- Critical thinker, strong organization skills, highly engaged and detail oriented
- Capacity to summarize findings from data, curiosity to deep dive on root cause of trends, and ensure highest level of quality/rigor in market analysis
- Have a can-do attitude to roll-up your sleeves with limited supervision and drive towards an end goal in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate and deliver creative and innovative solutions to challenges and opportunities
- Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating cross functional activities
- Obtain buy-in and proactively escalate issues at critical instances
- Basic understanding of technical schemes required. Knowledge or expertise strongly preferred
- 6+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3+years of experience with a PhD
- Knowledge of payments, Fintech, etc. is not required for this role, however, it is essential to bring curiosity about these topics and a desire to roll up your sleeves to help take open-ended and ambiguous areas of interest and help to bring clarity to the team.
- Both written and oral communication skills are critical in this role. The role will require extensive collaboration with multiple cross functional teams.