A luxury hospitality brand for modern travellers, Anantara connects guests to genuine places, people and stories through personal experiences and providing heartfelt hospitality in the world’s most exciting destinations. From pristine islands and tropical beaches to cosmopolitan cities, tranquil deserts and lush jungles, Anantara welcomes guests for journeys rich in discovery.
- Responsible for the Leisure segment (all source markets) at Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara, Desert Islands Resort & Spa by Anantara, Anantara Al Sahel Villa Resort and Anantara Al Yamm Villa Resort
- Develop a leisure sales strategy and plan by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market trends under the guidance of the department leadership.
- Create selling strategies to capture the maximum amount of revenue for Cluster properties.
- Solicit new business opportunities from international tour operators, retail travel agents and wholesalers through sound business practices.
- Maintain a personal up-to-date knowledge on all assigned product and service offerings, as well as the products, services, rates and new developments of key competitors, and an awareness of general industry trends of Abu Dhabi, UAE and globally.
- Approach personal sales activities from a strategic perspective, understanding the relative importance and priority of the current account base, and directing personal sales efforts accordingly.
- Prospect from various sources to expand existing account portfolio.
- Nurture to maintain existing client relationships to ensure repeat business.
- Demonstrate professional presentation skills at Industry Trade Shows, Sales Events and Networking functions.
- Travel to conduct domestic and international sales calls as indicated by the annual Sales Budget and report on each trip via pre and post travel reports.
- Organize and participate in meet & greet and entertainments for familiarization trips for domestic and international business partners.
- Communicate all client information to the appropriate departments and conduct pre-arrival internal meetings when necessary.
- Prepare daily / weekly / monthly activity and fortnight production reports for the Cluster Director of Sales
- Assist in pricing decisions and the development of the annual budget for the leisure transient segment(s).
- Research to modify existing or develop new wholesale contracts as needed based on hotel and/or market conditions.
- Recommend and coordinate deployment of any promotions as may be necessary.
- Work with the marketing team to develop marketing strategies for the assigned leisure transient segment(s).
- Attend and potentially present information for internal and external meetings as assigned.
- Execute additional projects as assigned by the Cluster Director of Sales.
- Continually review the actual production of each account against the potential for that account and review suggestions for improvement with department leadership.
- Focus on assertively establishing new client contacts and developing detailed information on the potential revenues from these accounts.
- Achieve personal financial and non-financial performance objectives, working with department leadership to ensure these objectives are met.
- Take ownership for your professional development, ensuring that you have the financial literacy, negotiation and face-to-face selling skills needed to succeed in your role.
- Maintain accurate management status reporting on business results and associated action planning.
- Ensure that all administration is processed professionally, efficiently and in a timely manner.
- International luxury hospitality experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in hospitality sales required
- International language skills
- Nationality or visa that allows for flexible travel to Europe, UK and Americas
- Local UAE market experience is a plus