Responsible for driving the compliance business partnering strategy for GCC. Leads on key strategic business initiatives from a compliance perspective and is accountable for the deployment and implementation of an effective compliance program in GCC in close collaboration with the Compliance Assurance function. Good business understanding, gravitas, and strong partnering and influencing skills are essential. Reports to the Area Compliance Director MEA, with a dotted line to the Country President GCC.
- Partner with and provide guidance to the CP and SLT so they ensure that robust governance & compliance processes & systems are in place in the MC, with well-defined resources & accountabilities
- Maintain professional & effective collaboration with Assurance Partners to guarantee a high level of assurance provided to MC, Area, International Region and Audit Committee
- Work with Assurance Partners to help define the assurance requirements based on identified risks and key activities
- Together with the Assurance AP share the results of assurance activities with management and assure adequate improvement and follow up on identified gaps, corrective, and disciplinary actions
- Ensure the CP has established a cross functional Local Compliance Committee (LCC) with representation of SLT
- Ensure MC policies, procedures and standards are up to date, aligned with global standards, accessible and fully implemented, with appropriate and trained policy, process and/or SOP owners
- Provide guidance and proactive partnering with business stakeholders on compliance risk assessment and risk management as well as coordination in line with Global & Regional guidance
- Ensure local commercial compliance risks are effectively assessed, managed, resourced, and coordinated with defined local risk owners across SLT areas
- Provide advice to and consulting on effective implementation and maintenance of 1st line monitoring activities
- Cascade, adopt, and deliver relevant regular compliance training and awareness campaigns and ensure the MC tracks completeness of training (incl 3rd parties and new starters).
- Support or drive Global/Regional Compliance projects
- Foster integration and alignment with relevant counterparts in other relevant functions such as Legal, HR, Finance, Nominated Signatories, and Medical Affairs
- Build strong relationships with external bodies and work to develop industry codes that support compliance priorities in AZ
- Support compliance investigations as requested by the GID or as agreed with Assurance Partners.
- Act as local Privacy Officer or representative.
- Several years of experience in pharmaceuticals or a related industry
- Strong leadership attributes to set direction, generate commitment, constructively resolve issues and proven demonstration of effective cross-functional team leadership
- Knowledge and experience of corporate governance, health care regulations, laws, and standards
- Good business understanding
- Excellent analytical, written, and oral communications skills
- Strong collaborative, partnering, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence in a matrix structure
- High ethical standards, trustworthy, operating with absolute discretion
- Fluent in English
- Experience from working in compliance/legal
- Experience from working in other related functions
- Experience in data privacy
- Demonstrable management skills and experience