Atria Retirement Canada
Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected classifications.
- Maintain kitchen and food storage and preparation areas in a clean, safe, and sanitary condition at all times.
- Responsible for the opening and/or closing of the kitchen.
- Adhere to cleaning schedules as assigned.
- Ensure that all food is received, stored, and prepared according to company standards.
- Estimate daily or weekly needs of food and supplies and communicate needs to Executive Chef/Sous Chef.
- Participate in preparing and cooking meals according to established recipes and approved menus.
- Document temperatures of food prior to service, refrigeration and freezer temperatures.
- Prepare and ensure snacks and beverages are available to residents at all times.
- Keep kitchen floors clean (sweeps and mops) and trash emptied.
- Assist with the transportation and storage of food and supplies.
- Adhere to standard food safety practices.
- Assist with preparation and execution of special events, banquets, and theme meals.
- Operate and maintain kitchen equipment in a clean and sanitary manner.
- Attend pre-meal stand up in kitchen prior to meal service.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Communicate effectively in English with employees and residents, as well as read and write English.
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience as a cook in a hospitality or healthcare environment.
- Food handlers permit as required by provincial law and/or Company standards.
- Able to read and follow recipes and printed production guides, cleaning schedules, and logs.
- Knowledge of food handling, preparation, cooking and service.
- Must have or be willing to get a COVID-19 vaccine, subject to legal requirements.