1- Data Scientist – Marketplace
Job: Full Time
Location: Dubai, UAE
This role requires you to mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization, implement smart business strategies and improve product development and marketing techniques. The role is inherently cross-functional: You will work closely with a high-energy team consisting of software engineering, data analytics, user experience, device marketing, customer service, and executive team members.
- Responsible for building, deploying, and monitoring predictive and machine learning models that leverage SWVL data to improve our customers and captains experience and solve SWVL core AI business problems.
- Collaborate with business and technical stakeholders through the end-to-end data science process, starting from understanding business problems, different data sources, and setting KPIs, to collecting, cleaning, and analyzing data till model deployment.
- Collaborate with Engineers to transform POC to production level while ensuring models scalability, observability, robustness, and accuracy.
- You are expected to be up to date with state of the art machine learning methods and techniques.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in CS, CE, ML or 2+ years of industrial experience in machine learning.
- Experience applying methods from supervised and unsupervised machine learning to real-world problems.
- Solid understanding of industrial mathematics and statistics.
- Solid understanding of best practices in feature extraction, dimensionality reduction, model validation, and classification.