Design Engineer – Etihad Engineering Jobs in Abu Dhabi
The Design Engineer (Structures and/or interiors), who reports to the Engineering Manager, is part of the DOA (EASA/GCAA P21J) and he/she develops STC’s, Modifications, Technical solutions, Engineering Data and issues controlled Engineering Documents for aircraft modifications/repair in compliance with the company’s procedures.
- Accountable to provide clear, effective, concise and technically accurate solutions (trouble shooting, major/minor repairs, modifications and concessions) for defects arising from maintenance .
- Develop technical solutions by utilizing published data such as IPC, SRM, AMM, CMM, SBs, EM, Production Drawings, Standards and other applicable manuals/maintenance data. Analyze defect reports to establish root cause.
- Ensure that the technical solutions (repairs/deviations) are developed in accordance with the organization’s procedures and are in compliance to the applicable regulation privileges of Part 145 or scope of Part 21J DOA. Submit a comprehensive defect report with a repair/deviation proposal to the manufacturer in order to obtain approval in a timely manner.
- Produce the substantiation data, means of compliance to the certification specifications, Instructions for Continued Airworthiness, laboratory test in accordance with the organization’s procedures and in compliance to the applicable regulation EASA/GCAA/ FAA .
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Aeronautical, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an Engineer in an EASA/GCAA Part 145/21J organization (equivalent FAA experience is acceptable) or TC holder or at a DOA/POA with similar scope to EYEng.
- Strong background and skills in aircraft repairs, modification, retrofit development, trouble shooting and AOG support. Strong negotiation and presentation skills, planning and budget management experience, strong interpersonal skills and social competence, team player, self-starter, creative and innovative, decisive and firm, analytical and modeling intelligence, business intelligence and high willingness to take over responsibility is required.