This position will report to the General Manager of AeroFarms AgX Ltd. and will lead the Engineering Team at AeroFarms AgX. The main responsibility is equipment and machines design for our future farms and applications. The Director would identify local and global manufacturers/suppliers, supervise the installation of the systems, and make sure full operability is achieved. This role is an extension of AeroFarms’ corporate engineering team and there will be a functional relationship and mutual support.
- Manages all phases of assigned projects, directing a team of multi-discipline engineers
- Partners with multiple internal customers, such as R&D, Software development, and Business Development who are pursuing business opportunities in different fields related to growing plants in controlled environments.
- Manage in-house and consulting design teams
- Develop and manage project schedule and budget
- Prepare reports and correspondence concerning the developments and status of projects
- Provide design input on all disciplines including architectural, MEP, structural, acoustics, waterproofing, etc.
- Establish design criteria, review design documents, and construction phase review
- Contractor selection and management
- Recruit, mentor, and develop a team of engineers
- Experience with Tender and Bid Packages, Contract Administration and Coordination, Construction Progress, Cost Reports, Permits, Building Codes, etc…
- Strong track record managing general contractors and subcontractors
- Must be team-oriented and be able to lead productive multi-discipline meetings
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering
- 5 years of experience as a Director of Capital Projects
- 10 years of experience in engineering design projects
- Experience in leading a sizable team of multi-disciplinary engineers
- Must have prior ground-up/new build experience (Green Field Projects)
- Solid proven record of project management success
- Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of design, and construction engineering concepts
- Ability to establish timelines and budgets with a proven track record of bringing construction projects in on time and within budget
- Extensive experience in cost estimation and negotiating
- Proficiency with MS Office, MS Project, Primavera, CAD, SolidWorks, flow charts, purchasing and inventory control, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision