Dispatcher Job in Edmonton, AB | Flair Airlines
Based in Edmonton, the Dispatcher, qualified as per Canadian Aviation Regulations, has the responsibility of exercising safe and efficient operational control over Flair Airlines flights by creating flight plans that enable aircraft to operate safely, efficiently and with cost-effective methods, while maintaining optimal on time performance.
- Exercise operational control on a co-authority basis with the pilot-in-command, and for the joint responsibility of the safe and efficient planning and monitoring of a flight.
- Develop, review, authorize, issue and revise, as required, the Operational Flight Plan for all scheduled and non-scheduled flights inclusive of training and test flight operations, in keeping with safety, regulatory, customer service, and corporate fiscal requirements.
- Authorize the release of an aircraft to operate in accordance with the terms and conditions established by the Operational Flight Plan.
- Analyze operational conditions and identify any opportunities that may constrain, impede, or benefit operational capabilities.
- Ensure that Operational Flight Plan and all briefing material is provided to operating crews in a timely manner for the briefing at base and outstations.
- Optimize commercial payload capability while executing the flight plan by adhering to Company policies and procedures, and coordinating with other operations stakeholders for uninterrupted flow of operational critical information to avoid disruption.
- Analyze the latest available weather forecasts , NOTAMs and the aircraft performance and determine route and flight altitude requirements for each flight based on most economical route, taking into consideration safety and legal requirements of the CAR’s and the Company Operations Manual.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Valid Flight Dispatcher Certificate as defined by CARs;
- Successfully completed the FDMET and FDOPS Transport Canada Exams;
- Flight dispatch experience in a CARS 705 environment with a Type A or Type B operational control system an asset;
- Demonstrated good working knowledge of general computer and software applications; particularly MS Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize during high pressure situations, and in a fast paced and dynamic environment;
- Strong interpersonal communication skill with demonstrated success establishing effective working relationships, and respect and credibility through actions;
- Proven ability to communicate in a clear, accurate, concise, and professional manner;
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- High degree of problem solving and analytical skill;
- Legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Friendly people.
- Low taxes.
- The highest area of parkland per resident of any Canadian city.
- Edmonton is Canada’s Festival City.
- Affordable housing (avg. cost of a house in Edmonton is $376K vs. $1.2M in Toronto or Vancouver)
To apply for this job please visit www.careerjet.ca.