Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
- The Drilling Superintendent is responsible for the management of the operations team charged with the implementation of drilling, completion, workover, intervention and well testing programmes. In addition, they provide operational guidance and planning assistance to the field team.
- The Drilling Superintendent will be required to form and maintain excellent relations with the other members of the field operations team.
- The Drilling Superintendent may act as a delegate for the Wells Manager in their absence. A Senior Drilling Engineer may act as a delegate for the Drilling Superintendent in their absence.
- Accountable for performing all duties with due regard to the health, the safety of self, others and of the environment in which they are undertaken.
- Accountable for safely achieving operations programme objectives.
- Accountable for accurate operational input of all programmes and programme amendments for the execution phase.
- Liaison with all members of the field operations team to ensure that objectives for the well operations programmes are defined and fully understood.
- Focal point during operational phase ensuring all stakeholders are fully consulted and/or informed throughout
- the operational phase.
- Direct supervision of team to ensure that work is carried out in a safe manner with due regard to safety and the environment, in adherence with Petrofac requirements.
- Lead the Wellsite Supervision team in the implementation of and adherence to Petrofac and project-specific HSEQ and legislative requirements.
- Development and implementation of rig/project-specific HSEQ plans in line with Petrofac and project requirements in addition to permits and submissions to the regulatory bodies as necessary
- Ensure adherence to Well Delivery Process
- AFE/Budget compilation cost control and management.
- Day to day management of rig operations. Coordination of logistics support for rig operations.
- Supervision of engineering team to provide operational input to the planning process.
- Team lead in emergency response situation in line with agreed project documentation such as project-specific Bridging Document and Emergency Response Plan.
- Safety and environmental inspection visits to well sites.
- Co-ordination of morning and other operational meetings and calls with the Field team.
- Liaison with drilling and service contractors to ensure the quality of service, and to drive integration and communication between the various service providers.
- Agree and expedite corrective actions resulting from any incident and accident report.
- Review and approval of required project call-offs, invoices.
- Ensure high-quality rig site reporting from Petrofac and 3rd party team as required.
- Performance improvement by for example the gathering of and approval of all operational lessons and the closeout of the respective actions
- Ensures regular and accurate reporting of all critical data to Petrofac and other stakeholders as required by the project, i.e. weekly operational and cost reporting, weekly HSEQ statistics and performance reporting and Cost reports
- Stand-in for Wells Manager when required in his/her absence
- Responsible for accurate planning, scheduling and project resourcing
- Responsible for managing changes, whether operational or design with potential impact on the schedule, cost and HSEQ risks
- Responsible for risk assessment during the planning and execution phase
- Leading peer review and assurance process for well programmes
- Review of daily operational reports prior to issuing
- Coordinating efforts for contingency planning and ensuring the design and preparation for contingency plans are carried out by the planning team
- Team focused
- Prioritise work scopes accordingly with due cognisance of conflicting drivers (HSEQ, time, cost, progress, etc)
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to work in multi-cultural, multi-national environments
- Strong HSEQ leadership
- Legislative compliance
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong understanding of commercial and contracts management
- Effective leadership
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline (preferable but not essential)
- Valid IWCF certificate L4
- Broad understanding of Well Construction activities including Drilling, Completions, Well Testing, and Well Services activities
- Prior experience in managing well operations and a multi-discipline team of well engineers and supervisors
- Experience in rig site supervision of well operations
- Working knowledge of drilling rigs, rig site operating procedures and risk management
- Excellent working knowledge of Drilling and Well Operations and equipment
- Prior experience in working with international operators
- Strong knowledge of project planning tools such as MS Project and other Office Applications
- Prior experience of working in the Middle East region
- Strong onshore and offshore experience