You will support the Senior Director, Head of Employee Communications for Visa CEMEA, by helping to plan and deliver key elements of the Employee Communications strategy to inform, engage and empower 1,000+ people across the region.
You will have the chance to work closely with colleagues in every market in CEMEA to deliver some of the highest profile communication programs for Visa’s fasted growing region. The stories and engagement you create will help employees across our diverse region understand and rise to the role they play in helping individuals, businesses and economies to thrive, Specific activity will range from diversity & inclusion initiatives and social impact pillar programs to major business partnerships, including the FIFA World Cup Qatar.
- Educate and empower employees across our region regarding Visa’s purpose, CEMEA’s strategy and their role within this
- Help to shape and lead delivery of a wide range of employee communication programs, activities and campaigns (on topics including our culture, ways of working and diversity & inclusion strategy)
- Work with colleagues across the region to elicit information, insights and stories to inform content development for these activities
- Draft and edit content for internal publications and platforms, including intranet articles, presentations, information emails and organization announcements (including use of relevant templates)
- Use effective internal communication to inspire and support employee advocacy, both internally and externally
- Help shape Visa’s reputation in the community through internal support for our social impact agenda
- Promote and educate internal stakeholders regarding use of our communication channel toolkit.
- Have 6-8 years of experience in employee communications/ internal communications (agency and/or in-house)
- English: Native or very High Proficiency level (both oral & written)
- Have highly proficient written and verbal communications skills, with excellent copy writing, copy editing and proofreading skills
- Be passionate about effective and creative employee communications that inform and engage diverse employee groups, enhance their sense of common purpose and/or drive sustained behavior change
- Blend strategic thought and tactical delivery, creating and delivering communication plans and activities that achieve clear and measurable outcomes
- Have highly proficient written and verbal communications skills, with excellent copy writing, copy editing and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the company’s purpose, strategy and leadership principles, using this as the foundation for all your work
- Build effective relationships and strong rapport with a wide range of colleagues, including leaders, working collaboratively but also advising and challenging constructively in a collegiate style
- Be comfortable working with and adapting to change, and working at pace
- Pay attention to detail, especially when juggling a high volume of work
- Be flexible and motivated in times of ambiguity or conflicting deadlines. Able to manage your time and resources to deliver on time and at high standard
- Be proactive and demonstrate initiative in starting new projects or thinking of new ways in maximizing existing programs to support our employee communication goals