The EMR Program Support is responsible for ensuring the organization’s Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems are well maintained and are operating reliably. The EMR Program Support is responsible for overseeing the installation, maintenance, and management of the organization’s EMR system and providing technical assistance to users on a first- and second-level basis. As a part of this role, EMR Program support will be responsible for supporting Iqarus sites with technical and process support related to EMR. Provide all levels of technical support while acting as the liaison between the IT team and company employees. EMR Program Support also assists in all IT related activities, including but not limited to troubleshooting, problem solving, maintenance, and user education, assisting employees in the proper usage of company hardware, operating system software, and application software.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Expert with their assigned application and will coordinate and oversee the design and build of the software packages to meet the needs of providers, and staff.
- Primary responsibility will be dedicated to assigned systems which include implementation of assigned products organization’s Electronic medical record (EMR) systems – medical, clinical, ancillary, and financial applications and inter-related systems to meet regulatory standards as well as to meet the needs of the system.
- Analyze and document the requirements of clinical workflow as they pertain to the implementation of electronic practice management and electronic medical records system.
- Provide effective and efficient applications support IT services which meet the needs and requirements of client hospital/ health system. Applies analytical skills and related application knowledge to define the information requirements necessary to design, build and install upgrades and/or new implementations
- Responsibility for problem solving, assessing processes and issues, and collaborating with clinical staff and physicians to develop solutions resulting in efficient and functional workflows for end users of our software application
- Responsible for overseeing the installation, maintenance, and management of the organization’s EMR system and providing technical assistance to users on a first- and second-level basis and escalation of issues as required.
- Understands interconnectivity and integration with EMR and third-party applications. Ensure the availability and consistent performance of various corporate applications.
- Works with internal IT teams on technical troubleshooting, integration, reporting and training. Participates in division meetings
- Executes necessary investigation, analysis and evaluation to determine project feasibility and develops project scope
- Develops new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts, and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability.
- Trains Iqarus staff in proper use of new software and hardware developed and/or acquired.
- Establishes, maintains and manages user system accounts.
- Develops procedures, programs, and documentation for backup and restoration of application modules, host operating systems and host-based applications.
- Stays current with technological developments in systems support technology and recommends ways for Iqarus to take advantage of new technology.
- Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the responsibilities above, and other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent experience and/or Certifications.
- Experience with EMR / EHR system assisting with system implementation and support required (Absolutely Necessary) and effective project management techniques, principles, and practices.
- Five years’ work experience in complex systems design, implementation and systems software and support.
- Manage SQL Server databases and responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of SQL Server.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Outstanding customer service skills, including the ability to interact with all types and skill levels of individuals
- Strong organizational and time management abilities, and attention to detail.
- Creativity, self-confidence and flexibility.