Majid Al Futtaim Careers is Looking to Hire Following Staff – Executive Sustainability Jobs in Dubai | Careers at Majid Al Futtaim
About Majid Al Futtaim
Majid Al Futtaim was an Emirati billionaire businessman, and the founder and owner of the Majid Al Futtaim Group, an Emirati real estate and retail conglomerate, with projects in Asia and Africa. Majid al Futtaim currently operates 90 hypermarkets and 120 supermarkets in 15 countries. In the first half of 2018, Majid Al Futtaim Retail launched its largest regional distribution center in Dubai’s National Industries Park.
The position is mainly responsible to support the team deliver on the Sustainability agenda of the Shopping Malls business unit.Top Sustainability Executive oversees all aspects of an organization’s sustainability programs. Designs and develops corporate sustainability strategies to ensure that business practices, products, and services are environmentally friendly and compliant with government rules and regulations.
- Data gathering and report formulation associated with SMBU’s commitment to the organizations Net Zero and Net Positive targets.
- Data gathering and population of all relevant SMBU submissions associated with its continued adherence to prevailing assurance and compliance requirements including, but not limited to, ESG, ARC, LEED, GRESB, third party quarterly auditing, Green Sukuk assurance etc.
- Working with the Associate Manager, Sustainability, on enhancing cooperation with the Regional teams on initiatives to further embed the full spectrum of SMBU’s Sustainability agenda throughout the business and increase the bottom-up commitment to its goals.
- Developing new communication processes to better frame SMBU’s commitment and success in
- Sustainability internally, to its tenants and visiting customers.
- Contributing to the development and rollout of new working and operating practices that can reduce the use of carbon throughout the portfolio, increase recycling rates, develop circular economy practices and enhance community outreach capability amongst mall management teams.
- Undertaking ad hoc data analysis of the portfolio’s utility usage to assist in the development of assets specific targets for further reduction that are tailored to their opportunity profile.
- Minimum Qualifications/education
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental science, Sustainability, or equivalent.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Sustainability.