The Emirates Group
1- Finance Controller (GFR)
Job: Full Time
Location: Dubai, UAE
Manage the month-end closing of the financial books, perform detailed financial reviews of the Group entities submissions, and authenticating the quality of reconciliations to ensure that the financial numbers are complete and accurate. Provide key support in the preparation and audit of the Group’s Financial Statements. Review Group entities financials to ensure that they are compliant with the Group Policies and IFRS.
- Manage the monthly closing of the books after completing pre-closing checks and handling exceptions with the concerned sections/departments to ensure that the financial numbers are complete and accurate.
- Manage the end-to-end financial accounting functions (i.e. accrual, reconciliation, and controls) over certain receivables and payables in high-value business areas.
- Perform detailed financial reviews of the Group entities with an aim to ensure that the accounting and reporting policies as per Group Manual and IFRS / local GAAPs are consistently applied by the entities’ management.
- Discuss the review findings with the entities’ management and obtain their buy-in on the proposed management action points.
- Finance, Accounting and Assurance : 5+ years
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
- Accounting Degree, preferably a qualified accountant with at least 6 years relevant experience in a large organization, preferably within the travel industry.