Synergie Hunt International
Are you seeking a career with a global leader here in the Pickering area? Currently seeking an experienced Freight Handler – Fork Lift Operator for our Pickering client. Preference will be given to those who possess experience within the transportation industry – cross dock experience
- Responsible for transporting freight across dock area to/from trailers for loading to trailers
- Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized and manual equipment,
- Including, but not limited to forklift, pallet jack, hand truck
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Verify documentation matches freight description, including, but not limited to type,
- Weight, and hazardous materials, using current electronic and manual system
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies, including, but not
- Limited to pallets, straps, rope.
- Grade 12 education or in lieu 2 years minimum dock experience.
- MUST HAVE a clean criminal background.
- Cross Dock Experience preferred.
- Must have basic computer entry skills.
- Valid Forklift and Transportation of Goods certification.
- Able to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
- Basic written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to follow instructions and complete required training.
- Able to work alone or as a team member.