Avery Dennison (NYSE:AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, including pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2018 were $7.2 billion. Learn more at .
- HR Administration by preparing and maintaining employment contracts and other employee documentation as well as periodical and special purpose HR reports (e.g. headcount, recruitment, statistics etc.)
- Communication by preparing HR-related internal announcements, HR information briefs, and counseling managers on labor related issues
- HR projects by coordinating local employee survey processes and follow-up activities
- Recruitment process by coordinating recruitment activities for blue collar and selected white collar positions including dealing with external partners, preparation of job & competence profiles for vacant positions, posting positions through our internal career center and managing applicants appropriately through our system, and conducting initial candidate interviews
- Supporting coordination and organization of training & development activities
- Communicate and interact with free trade zone authorities to ensure all relevant documentation is filed and updated in a timely manner
- Lead payroll and time and attendance activities in coordination with supervisors and finance team.
- Deliver employee relations, staffing and organizational development services to an assigned site(s), business unit or geographical territory. * Assists employees in planning, development, implementation and evaluation of programs, initiatives, services and/or activities.
- Coordinate recruitment, screening, interviewing, selection, and placement of qualified candidates. Responsible for recruitment and succession planning to facilitate the hiring and retention of high performing, high potential employees.
- Assist with administration of company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with stated corporate objectives and federal and state legal requirements.
- Conduct ongoing information and training sessions to develop employees and provide support and problem resolution.
- Identify potential employee-relations issues and make recommendations to management.
- Conduct investigations into claims of harassment or other company-guideline violations.
- May assist in handling clerical duties associated with HR including the supporting of payroll administration, time and attendance reporting, temporary personnel coordination, as well as other daily tasks.
- Strong sense of cultural empathy to effectively cooperate with people
- Previous work experience of 3-5 years of HR related experience – preferably in international and/or manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field preferred
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English both spoken and written
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with experience of planning a range of tasks effectively and for daily operational needs and HR improvement actions
- High accuracy and strong attention to detail when working with figures and finance
- Good people management, influencing and relationship building skills
- Ability to handle a number of key tasks at a time
- High degree of accuracy, good time-management and priority setting skills are important
- Positive, can-do attitude and flexible mindset
- Strong interest and drive to identify/build and meet business needs plus cultural empathy and team-player attitude to operate in complex multinational matrix organization
- Language Proficiency – English, Hindi