The purpose of the role is to carryout necessary preventative, corrective and breakdown maintenance on various types of locks, keys and related accessories individually or as part of a technical team, within the designated area, whilst ensuring minimal disruption to the operations. You should be able to carry out all technical and safety instructions from staff, to conform to policy and procedures.
Serco has a profound understanding of the region, having been operating in the Middle East since 1947 (for more than seven decades), where it harnesses international expertise, delivered on a local level.
- Ability to conform to all general and technical safety requirements at all times to ensure the health, safety & welfare of self and others at work.
- Any other work as assigned by the supervisor / duty engineer to achieve the purpose.
- Good knowledge of Building Management Systems (BMS).
- Can read interpret and describe the functionality of HVAC system drawings (circuit & wiring diagrams / schematic & layout drawings) irrespective of manufacturer.
- Knowledge in the use & interpretation of Local and International Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Standards and Regulations.
- Can correctly setup and use test equipment and interpret the test results.
- Promoting a Zero Harm culture within own team and all suppliers and sub-contractors engaged on Projects work
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards.
- Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information, reference Serco non-disclosure policy.
- To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities.
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements.
- Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process.
- High School Certificate or Industrial Training Institute Diploma in Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Maintenance or equivalent.
- IOSH Working Safely Certificate or equivalent.
- Current valid UAE driving licence is desirable .
- Minimum three (3) year experience within a Facility Management or similar environment.
- Airport experience is considered as added advantage for this position
- Ability to communicate with staff, stakeholders and customers in oral and written English.
- Working knowledge in using MS Office (Word / Excel / Power point)
- Ability to perform safely and correctly the following on air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC) equipment and systems