Senior IT operations engineer provides in-depth technical expertise through planning, designing, installing, configuring, and supporting the Directory (Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Identity Lifecycle Manager, Forefront Identity Manager).
- Troubleshoot hardware and OS problems including performance tuning
- Recommend and implement changes to existing hardware and OS (Solaris & Linux) infrastructure including patches, users, filesystems, and kernel parameters
- Maintain, configure, deploy and plan changes for Cloud Services network devices across the world including routers and switches (Brocade), firewalls (Cisco), and load balancers (Citrix NetScaler), DDoS mitigation equipment, and management network devices
- Troubleshoot network infrastructure issues and participate in multi-discipline tiger teams to resolve customer impacting application or infrastructure issues
- Peer review and support network engineer change plans
- Provide technical expertise, guidance and strategic recommendations to develop a roadmap that ensures that the current and planned technical solutions are compatible with the company’s business needs and strategic objectives
- Reduce risk of human error by driving automation, enforcing configuration standards and contributing to the network design and process/procedure documentation set
- Recommend, document and deploy strategies and solutions for complex software/hardware/network engineering problems, based upon comprehensive analysis of business goals, objectives, requirements and existing technologies
- Works as part of a dev-ops team to build, operate and maintain enterprise applications
- Partners with infrastructure architects on environment design and build out
- Provide technology oversight and lead efforts to maintain enterprise information security policy compliance, and meet appropriate regulations (such as PCI, PII, EMV, ROC) as applicable
- Performing enterprise risk assessments and ensuring that regulatory requirements are addressed
- Ensure system compliance with internal security policies/standards and external regulatory requirements
- Develops and maintains knowledge of regulatory requirements.· Performs other related duties assigned as needed
- Manage large scale risk/security assessment studies and projects to validate and remediate perceived risks
- Creating an information security and cyber security program for the company
- Manage information/cyber security at both the technical and process level
- Actively manage and execute information security, privacy and disaster recovery policy
- Provide ad hoc information security assistance to projects and business areas as applicable
- Identify appropriate platform and application logging/triggers that support advanced malware, fraud and cyber detection use cases.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Technical, Science, Education, Information Systems, Mechanical
- Engineering, Design, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology.
- Any licenses or certifications required by the position: CISSP, ASQ, CCNP, CCNA, AWS, ITIL, GSEC, MCSE, CISA, CCIE