The instructional designer will provide curriculum development expertise and support on an array of projects allowing our team to bring development projects to close and improve the quality of content developed across the organization. This includes, but is not limited to, needs analysis, course development, documentation support, and evaluation. The successful candidate will work with a sense of purpose and urgency, have the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines, and demonstrate keen attention to detail resulting in the delivery of high-quality work products.
- Support all phases of the curriculum lifecycle: analysis, development, delivery, evaluation, and maintenance.
- Build courses using software tools/platforms such as Articulate.
- Format, edit, and prepare learning content and materials as directed by Curriculum Development Manager
- Develop and maintain print-based (Instructor lead and self-study) learning materials for various audiences
- Collaborate with peers and subject matter experts on the development of program materials
- Assist in the creation, maintenance, and improvement of existing course material including visual aids and graphics
- Assist Curriculum Development Manager in the assessment and evaluation of the educational effectiveness of learning materials
- Contribute to idea generation for emerging programs
- Research current and emerging e-learning technologies such as: wikis, blogs, collaborative or social networking tools, mobile devices etc.
- Coordinate annual updates for all curricula.
- Update course descriptions, syllabi, and other collateral pertaining to external education.
- Attend weekly team meetings.
- Act as back-up to the Manager of Learning and Development, the Consulting Operations team, and the Executive Administrative Assistance during absences.
- Assist with other projects, as availability exists.
- Demonstrated familiarity with Instructional Design and adult learning principles.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to build effective relationships and work collaboratively within all levels within the organization.
- Proven research and documentation skills.
- Ability to identify the need to track/organize key information as well as the ability to establish the required tracking mechanisms or spreadsheets.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization and follow-up skills.
- Ability to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Proficient with MS Office applications.
- Open to constructive feedback.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design, or related subject.
- Minimum of three years of instructional design and/or course development experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience writing business communications and editing documents.
- Experience at a professional services company and/or information security organization is highly preferred.
To apply for this job please visit www.careerjet.ae.