The Jacobs UAE office hires multiple interns each summer in various engineering disciplines (Architectural, Civil, Electrical, Control Systems, Mechanical, Process, Piping)
Duties of these internships provide meaningful work experience and business knowledge to college students in their chosen field.
- Performing routine aspects of engineering requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles under close supervision
- Safety training on BeyondZero Orientation, Alert Driving, Office Safety, Safe Work Practices
- Shadowing sessions with engineers and designers on the team
- Reviewing proposal work processes
- Reviewing staffing/forecasting work processes
- Collecting and preparing data for evaluation
- Assisting in the coordination of projects from conception (feasibility) through final plan preparations
- Handling various administrative duties
- Providing support to staff members as needed
- Using computer-assisted engineering software and equipment to perform engineering tasks under supervision
- Candidates should be self-motivated professionals in their junior year or higher in college and pursuing an applicable engineering major from an accredited university
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, decision making capabilities, problem resolution skills, and a sense of initiative are important for these internships
- Microsoft Excel & Word experience required; AutoCAD and Revit experience a plus.
To apply for this job please visit careers.jacobs.com.