- Carry out design of wet utilities distribution systems like potable water, firefighting, irrigation, sewerage networks, under the guidance of senior engineer.
- Prepares or assists in preparing fundamental engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, estimates, surveys, and designs.
- Assists in the preparation of detailed requisitions for material purchase, services, and subcontracts.
- Under the guidance of a more senior engineer, assists in reviewing supplier drawing submittals and technical bid analyses. Assists in the preparation and issuance of specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents.
- Support, with suitable guidance from senior engineers, the preparation of detailed technical, commercial and Life Cycle Cost Analysis of various technical alternatives.
- Provides input to CAD Designer/Drafters working on the same project.
- Support in preparing the presentations for the Clients.
- The engineer will be required to carry out CAD related tasks while using special 3D software and model creation.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Create utility cross sections as per requirements of local authorities in the Gulf region like RTA (Dubai), DMT (Abu Dhabi), MOMRA (KSA), etc.
- Basic experience and knowledge of preparing and developing hydraulic models for pressure utilities, design reports and use of Bentley WaterCAD / WaterGems / Open Utilities / SewerGems or related software with support from Senior Engineer.
- Degree in Civil Engineering from a reputable institution
- Up to 2 years experience in design of wet utilities distribution systems like potable water, firefighting, irrigation and sewerage networks,
- Familiar with load demand calculations for large private developments and/ or large government projects.
- Aware about Water / Irrigation / Firefighting / Sewage Authority regulations such as DEWA, ADDC/ ADWEA TRANSCO, DM, ADM, DCD, ADCD and other relevant authorities within the gulf region.
- Aware about the requirements for the hydraulic design for the Pump stations.
- Conversant with the British and American codes as well as DEWA / DM regulations for the potable water and irrigation designs.
- Experience liaising with DEWA / DM for obtaining NOCs and Design Approvals, etc. is desired