Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
Laboratory Technician | Healthcare
Job: Full Time
Location: Dubai, UAE
- Organizes work by matching computer orders with specimen labelling; sorting specimens; checking labelling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; keeping work surfaces clean and orderly.
- Maintains quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced trouble shooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
- Serves as technical resource by participating in staff training; answering questions of other professionals; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Identifies and communicates abnormal patient conditions by alerting supervisory personnel, the pathologist, the patient physician, or nurse; reporting mandated information to the public health department or other designated officials.
- Toxicology – identifies the presence or quantity of drugs of abuse, therapeutic drugs, and toxic substances by operating toxicology instrumentation and performing manual methods for the performance of drug screens, blood alcohol levels, and carbon monoxide levels.
- Diploma or certificate in Medical Laboratory Technician from an accredited program or equivalent.
- (Minimum two (2) years of course duration).
- DHA License or Eligibility is mandatory.
- English fluency is mandatory