AECOM is currently looking for an experienced Land Surveyor to join the growing AECOM team supporting the supervision of Construction projects in UAE. The candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Plans organizes and directs the work of one or more survey parties engaged in surveying the earth’s surface to determine the precise location and measurements of points, elevations, lines, areas, and contours for construction, mapmaking, land division, titles, mining or other purposes: Researches previous survey evidence, maps, deeds, physical evidence, and other records to obtain data needed for surveys.
- Perform survey work under the direction and guidance of the Resident Engineer.
- Develops new data from photogrammetric records. Establish primary horizontal and vertical control points including reference ties for re-establishing the points in the field.
- Record all measurements, rod readings and calculations neatly and accurately in field books as the work progresses.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites.
- Coordinate with the Contractor’s surveyor on work priorities and schedules.
- Check all work by completing traverse closures and bench circuits.
- Report discrepancies or technical problems to the team leader.
- Perform joint measurements of the completed work or payment.
- Check completed work for conformance to the line and grade required by the project plans in coordination with the Inspector assigned to the item of work.
- Perform regular checks of the Contractor’s setting out to verify proper execution and accuracy.
- Maintain equipment in proper condition and perform frequent calibration checks.
- Keeps accurate notes, records, and sketches to describe and certify work performed.
- Coordinates findings with work of engineering and architectural personnel, clients, and others related to the project.
- Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys to describe,
- certify, and assume liability for work performed.
- Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in surveying
- Knowledge and/or experience in using CAD software and survey software, total station, data collectors and GPS equipment.
- Strong analytic capabilities and the ability to work independently.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate logically and clearly with management and staff.
- Ability to handle the physical aspects of required field work.
- Commitment to safe work practices.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Land Surveying or equivalent