NOV Careers is Looking to Hire Following Staff – Latest Technical instructor- ET Job Opportunities at NOV Careers
NOV Inc., formerly National Oilwell Varco, is an American multinational corporation based in Houston, Texas. It is a worldwide provider of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, oilfield services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
A technical instructor is a teacher who offers courses that prepare students for particular careers. Technical instructors use their experience in a particular technical trade to help others gain similar vocational skills in preparation for employment in that field.
- Devise technical training programs according to organizational requirements that will fulfill the customer’s needs.
- Produce training schedules and classroom training.
- Products training onsite onshore/offshore.
- Determine course content according to objectives
- Prepare training material (presentations, worksheets etc.)
- Execute training sessions, webinars, workshops etc. in groups or individually
- Arrange for and conduct on-site training when needed
- Keep and report data on completed courses, absences, issues etc.
- Observe and evaluate results of training programs
- Determine overall effectiveness of programs and make improvements
- Proven experience as a technical instructor
- Solid knowledge of NOV Rig equipment and systems (Controls, Electrical, Tools, etc.)
- Solid experience in Siemens PLC S7 and ABB Drives.
- Knowledge of modern training techniques and tools in technical subjects
- Experience in designing technical course content
- Ability to address training needs with complete courses
- Working knowledge in MS Office (especially MS PowerPoint)
- Outstanding communication skills and comfortable speaking to crowds
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities
- Degree in a relevant electrical technical field