A NASDAQ 100 and S&P 500 fintech company is seeking a Lead Technical Evangelist to lead grassroots efforts in increasing adoption of their payments API platform. You will be an evangelist for the company’s new suite of payment products by speaking publicly at events and webinars while producing thought leadership content. Your goal will be to build a strong and growing community of external developers to help shape their long term product vision.
The company currently serves 6 million+ merchants globally. As part of the founding team spearheading the transition of a monolithic service to an API based solution, you will have significant influence in shaping this journey.
- Dogfood new products and facilitate product improvements.
- Assess the current and past state of growth marketing performance and its contributing factors.
- Develop a tailored plan to address the current needs and create a roadmap for future growth opportunities.
- Create programs or campaigns that target developers to build brand awareness and advocacy.
- Build and nurture relationships with developer communities.
- Improve existing public-facing documentation to tell the right story with the right messaging for the right audience.
- Speak at public events and create technical content such as blog posts, video content, and code samples to facilitate integration with their payment products.
- Manage and train relevant personnel.
- Assist API PMs with creating documentation and educational content.
- Arrange events and other community engagement activities.
- At least 5 years experience in developer relations, community management, program management, or other similar roles.
- Experienced in giving talks, demos and presenting webinars to both technical (primary) and business (secondary) audiences.
- Experience in payments and fintech is a plus.
- Experience in business and growth models based on APIs as the principal offering is a plus
- Software engineering background is a plus