YallaPlay is looking for an experienced Level Designer for an action top-down shoot-em-up game. Ideally, this designer has the multiplayer experience and has designed, iterated and shipped multiple levels shipped titles. As a Level Designer, you’ll be part of a creative team developing an innovative game… You’ll be responsible for developing the design vision, the gameplay mechanics, and environment levels at all points in their creation. Our ideal candidate has a strong work ethic and outstanding problem-solving skills with the ability to deliver on time.
- Lead the levels game design of our new roguelike shooter game targeting the mobile platform
- Create clear, concise, and visually-oriented design materials and feature specs that explain your vision, requirements and development plan
- Create immersive, challenging and fun gameplay scenarios/environments that support and enhance the core mechanics of the game. Ex level traps, boss patterns, gun mechanics etc.
- Work with game programmers to help create design mechanics that yield compelling gameplay experiences.
- Communicate design progress with the other creative leads and welcome collaborative feedback and iterations.
- Lead the creation of maps, mission structures, encounters and events used across the game levels and worlds
- Document workflows that you created to help others be effective in their use.
- Playtest the game and give candid notes on how we can improve it.
- Worked game design for a least 2 shipped mobile titles (please include references)
- 5+ years of game development experience in mobile titles
- Very strong understanding of game mechanics pertaining to roguelike games and shooter game
- Extensive experience using Unity
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate an engaging gameplay experience
- Ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
- Passion and enthusiasm for mobile game development and shooter games