Maintains and ensures the safety of the pool and beach area and guests using the facilities.
- As a Lifeguard, you will efficiently and effectively supervise the swimming pool and beach facilities, constantly monitoring people.
- Ensure that the pool and beach side and recreational areas are kept clean and safe from hazards and provide assistance to guests as required.
- All facilities are to be cleaned and maintained on a daily basis and any discrepancies are to be reported immediately to your supervisor.
- Maintain responsibility for cleanliness of swimming pool (Vacuuming and Scrubbing regular basis.) and immediate surrounds
- Maintain pool cleaning equipment are in good condition, reporting problems to maintenance when needed
- Greet and escort guests to lounge chairs and present towels
- Maintain current First Aid and CPR qualifications
- Recommend food and beverage facilities to guests using the pool area and assist fellow Food and Beverage service team when needed
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the hotel s emergency response procedures, particularly in the event of drowning, cyclones, storms
- Maintain your uniform in a clean and tidy manner, ensuring grooming matches hotel policy
- Swimming activities (Swimming Lesson Class) by the pool area if any guest/s or member/s asked must inform to trainer
- Supervise children s swimming activities during the peak season and maintain a watchful eye of guest safety
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
- Plans and coordinates with recreation manager regarding activities of the swimming pool and water events.
- Ensures that the pool bottom is scrubbed and overflow channel of the pool cleaned and Ensures water level and chlorine and calcium content in the pool are maintained.
- Ensures that guest/members is using the swimming facilities as per define standards.
- Responsible to maintain all accessories and equipment as per defined standard.
- Conducts water rescue and safety training for the lifeguard on monthly basis.
- Ensures that an adult property supervises the member’s children.
- Ensures that life saving equipment and first aid kit is near by.
- Ensures that all members using swimming pool and beach are following safety rules.
- Helps in bringing the towels and sending to laundry.
- Maintains high confidentiality in regards to guest privacy.
- Reports any suspicious behaviour of guests and staff to the Security.
- Notifies housekeeper regarding lost and found objects.
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported appropriately immediately.
- Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures.
- Follows emergency procedures to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees.
- Works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others.
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and notifies the Manager.
- Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct.
- Good level of spoken/written English Flexibility in shifts & tasks Minimum one year of experience in a similar environment (4-5* hotel) Certificate in First Aid License as a lifeguard
- Interrelations: Liaises with all departments to ensure smooth operation and develops effective relationships with guests, business partners.
- Work Conditions: Regular hours with extra times occasionally.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org