Linux Desktop Support Engineer Jobs In Abu Dhabi | Canonical
About the job
This is an opportunity for an Linux Engineer/Administrator with a passion for Linux and Customer Success to build a career with Canonical and support the technical needs of customers leveraging Ubuntu and open source products. If you have a passion for technology and an eagerness to learn, then you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry at Canonical.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Work from your remote home office and provide technical support for employees.
- Be available to take ownership of new cases via telephone, email and web
- Act as an internal customer advocate keeping them updated in a timely manner
- Ensure that each support case owned by you is handled according to our Service Level Agreement (SLA) with the highest possible customer satisfaction by setting the right expectations and fulfilling your commitments.
- Contribute new knowledge base articles and maintain existing articles, ensuring shared knowledge and lessons learned are available to customers.
- Draft and distribute technical notices for internal and external communication.
- Prioritise your work in order to accomplish the most important and urgent tasks first
Additional Skills That You Might Also Bring
- Experience supporting virtualized environments (KVM, Virtual Box, VMWare)
- Experience with other open-source desktop technologies
- Active contribution to open-source projects/forum/code
- Experience with Linux Kernel
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.