Overall technical manager for project construction. Responsible for management of all construction and coordination activities of an EPIC project [or part of] involving fabrication and/or marine installation,
Liaise with Engineering, Fabrication, Hook up/ Commissioning departments, Marine operations and Client construction team
- Responsible for the day-to-day construction management of the project.
- Prepare, supervises and approves the development of PEP [from construction point of view], and its implementation plus ensuring Lessons Learned are properly documented through out the life of the project including Project Close-out
- Liaise and coordinate with Project Engineering Coordinator/Manager, Project Procurement Manager/Coordinator, Project Safety Advisor, Project Quality Manager, Discipline Managers, Subcontractors, Sr. Production Engineers and Sr. Operations Engineers and Hook-up Engineers.
- Manage the construction effort and be the construction representative of the company with Client. Plan, develop and organize the construction effort to formulate the most cost-effective plan to timely completion within budget and to implement the execution of that plan.
- Responsible for implementation of the scope of work as related to construction/ fabrication, precommissioning, load-out and offshore installation hook-up and offshore pre-commissioning and commissioning of the facilities in conformance with project specifications, Scope of Work, and in accordance with the approved Project Schedule.
- It is the responsibility of the Construction Manager to monitor and report to Project manager / Sr Construction Manager of project details, including progress, risks and opportunities in a timely manner.
- It is fundamental for the construction activities to be managed per the approved execution plan, project schedule and set budget.
- Seek guidance from the Project Manager/Sr Construction Manager as appropriate before making critical and important decisions.
- Provide direction to the project construction engineers during work execution and make decisions in pursuit of the project objectives.
- Ensures all changes to specifications, work scope and drawings are documented through the Desk Top Change Management System
- Foster an environment for building team morale and build consensus within the team.
- Hold the members of the Construction team accountable for work performed per their roles and responsibilities.
- Clearly delegate actions and responsibilities and define deliverable requirements in terms of both scope and schedule to team members.
- Facilitate timely problem resolution with the construction team members.
- Coordinate the interface between Fabrication and Marine construction team, as well as safety and quality departments and external interfaces to the Project.
- Review the plan weekly in consultation with Fab Yard Management and other team members and agree and confirm the 4WLA activities and manning requirements.
- Review man-hours and duration forecasts to completion for onshore construction and man-hours, duration and manning forecasts for offshore hook-up and offshore installation durations and resource requirements.
- Monitor construction productivity and schedule performance and investigate reasons for less than satisfactory performance. Provide recommendations and institute measures for improvement by modification to operating procedures/work instructions.
- Attend the weekly Fabrication/Production meeting.
- Adhere to Company Safety Standards and promote safety culture among the ranks through out the Company
- BSc and above
- 8 -10 Years in Oil & Gas industry – Marine Construction
- Construction experience of offshore structures and/or submarine pipeline installation
- Integrity – we maintain a firm adherence to legal and ethical conduct
- One Team – we are one company, where everyone is equally important
- Go Beyond – we seek courageous and creative solutions
- Well-Being – we promote all forms of well-being
- Commitment – we are reliable and dependable in delivering quality solutions