As a Managing Consulting, you are a front-line leader. The role requires a high level of creative thinking, analytical skills, and problem-solving ability combined with strong interpersonal and teamwork skills. The candidate will frequently engage with and work alongside senior client teams as they engage with our EMEARC and global customers.
- Understanding the global and regional energy market dynamics, being able to effectively discuss recent events and implications with clients and colleagues
- Structuring overall engagement objectives in line with the client’s issues and needs
- Developing an effective work plan and organizing proper resources for the projects
- Providing clear, focused support and expertise to your team in structuring and solving problems
- Providing subject matter expertise and leading the team’s delivery of analytical, modeling, written, or slide presentation outputs
- Managing the workload while coaching team members to ensure a successful delivery
- Communicating recommendations and sensitive messages to senior-level client audience
- Researching the client organization and industry, conducting interviews, and facilitating workshops with client employees, management teams, and other stakeholders
- Identifying business development of follow-on work opportunities
- Executing new project scoping, leading discussions, and work proposal drafting
- Training, coaching, and mentoring junior consultants
- Generating innovative ideas and approaches to industry issues and participating in new offering development
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as engineering or finance; master’s and/or MBA preferred
- Previous experience (5+ years) at a consulting firm covering aspects such as conducting research, delivering analysis and insights, project and client management, commercial/financial modelling, proposal development, and internal team development)
- Other experience such as working within the energy industry (inc. oil and gas, trading, marketing, strategy, or market, price, competitor analysis), bank, or another such analytical role at a renowned company within the energy industry would also be considered
- Demonstrate broad energy industry knowledge combined with sharp business acumen on energy transition issues
- Experience which could include technical or commercial operations, modeling, market or pricing analysis, market and commercial due diligence, strategy development.
- Strong leadership skills to motivate your team and drive change in your client’s environment.
- Strong analytical/numerical skills.
- Distinctive entrepreneurial mindset.
- Previous international work experience is a plus.
- Cross-sector experience is a plus.
- Exposure to corporate strategy projects is a plus.
- Fluency in English is mandatory.