1- Metro Network Deployment Engineer
Job: Full Time
Location: Dubai, UAE
As a Metro Network Deployment Engineer, you will deploy and maintain private data networks worldwide. You will work with Network Architects and Engineers, Design Engineers, Infrastructure Engineers, Field Engineers, Strategic Negotiators, and Technical Project Managers within Google, as well as construction and telecommunications vendors and contractors, all to position the metro for which you are assigned accountable for success. Our team’s objective will be to build a reliable, cost-effective, and scalable optical transport network to support users globally.
- Oversee and do quality assurance of installation technicians for rack, stack, and installation of networking equipment.
- Commission and test routers, optical transport equipment, and other network devices in new and existing network nodes across Google’s global network.
- Generate implementation plans, provide technical leadership, and guidance during deployment activities.
- Work with Project Management, Network Engineering, and the rest of the Engineering team to identify in advance, potential problems in network installations, including in the areas of facility power (e.g. AC/DC), cooling, security/access, rack layout, and cable management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in telecommunications, OSP, ISP, AC/DC power systems, and environmental controls relay rack/cabinet/cage construction.
- Experience in optical network infrastructure, transmission systems, layer2/3 routers, and data services.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.