1- Oceans and Biodiversity Manager
Job: Full Time
Location: Dubai, UAE
- Build upon existing ocean enhancement strategy and its three verticals: ocean restoration, coastal clean ups, and education program.
- Introduce global biodiversity policy, approach and management focusing on marine, terrestrial, and coastal issues.
- Develop guidelines, toolkits, and trainings to build local capacity for global implementation.
- Under the strategy develop a blue carbon program for marine habitat protection (i.e. mangroves, seagrass, and saltmarsh).
- Implement a mangrove conservation program, preserving and restoring mangroves globally.
- At minimum Environmental, Conservation, sustainable development or Marine Biology Degree
- An ocean expert that understands the relationship between marine resource management and social, economic, and political concerns
- Minimum 7 years’ experience with significant project management experience
- Experience working with audiences in government, INGOs, academia and the media
- Proven team coordination, consultation, people skills and senior management advisement