Provides attending physician services to patients to investigate diagnose and treat patients with cancer using chemotherapy, biological and anti-hormone therapies according to the approved procedures as part of an integrated program of curative, preventive and palliative services. HOD is regularly briefed about the unusual problems encountered and the action taken.
- Performs professions duties as an oncologist.
- Provide care for patients throughout the entire course of cancer treatment, from diagnosis to recovery or death, for in-patients or out-patients.
- Perform physical assessments to detect cancers.
- Explain patient’s cancer development stages.
- Develop treatment plans based on the nature of the cancer.
- Provide/Inform treatment options available to the patient viz curative or palliative therapy.
- Work with physicians and other medical staff and evaluate whether or not the cancer has affected other areas.
- Makes daily rounds related to oncology patients in the medical wards, ICU and CCU as required; performs general or special examinations and other procedures covering the full scope of the field of oncology. Orders laboratory, radiological examinations, determines diagnosis, prescribes medications, advice nursing and dietary care as necessary and applies such preventive measures as required.
- Conducts out-patient medical consultations in the clinics by appointment and follow-up on medical problems as needed.
- After working hours, when on-call, is available for answering medical consultations by physicians in other departments, in the intensive care areas, medical wards, ER, and other in-patient services.
- Will serve as a major contributor to in-service training activities of the new employees.
- Works under the general professional supervision of the Head of the Department.
- Performs the professional duties of an oncologist in adherence to the Delineation of Privileges maintained by the department for individual oncologist. Privileges may differ between individual oncologist, depending on the efficiency and skills of the particular individual.
- Answers in-patient consultations from medical or other in-patient services.
- Participates in the reading of CT Scans, Mammograms, MRI’s and MDT’s.
- Participates in in-service mortality review; chart, Quality Assurance and peer reviews.
- Reviews journals, texts or periodicals in order to update latest techniques, procedures, drugs and therapy.
- Follow the standard policies and procedures as required by HAAD, JCI & ISO.
- Participates in scheduled in-service training programs, CMEs, divisional teaching activities, the regular physicians’ conference or other committees as requested.
- Provides on-call emergency coverage for oncology emergencies.
- Participates in the monthly departmental service Journal activity, and as assigned other committee functions such as the ER, Infection Review, Standardization, ICU, CCU and CPR.
- Strictly observes organization’s medical regulations and policies especially those related to infection control, patient safety, patient assessment and patient care.
- Performs other miscellaneous related duties as requested by the Head of the Department.
- Comply with all OSH and infection control policies, standards and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply those requirements
- Work accordance with the documented OSH procedures and instructions, specific responsibilities
- Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures
- Notifying OSH Hazards, incidents, Near misses and issues and assistance with the preparation of risk assessments, incident reports
- Comply with Waste management procedures and policies
- Attend applicable OSH/Infection control training programs, mock drills and awareness programs
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems
- Graduation from an approved school of medicine, plus one year of internship.
- Culminating in procuring a Post-Graduate Master’s degree and/or equivalent Fellowships approved by HAAD.
- Current licensure in country of origin and with HAAD license to practice in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- At least two years’ practice in the field of Oncology.
- Excellent oral and written English. Knowledge of Arabic language is desirable but not essential.
- Communication, interpersonal