1- Open-Source Database Administrator
Job: Full Time
Location: Dubai, UAE
Company’s critical operational application databases run on proprietary databases like Oracle and SQL Server, the candidate will be the single point of contact to evaluate, plan and implement migrations in target to reduce the total cost of ownership and reduce the footprint of proprietary databases
- Migration of on-premise Company’s databases to the latest release of PostgreSQL & MySQL with High Availability, Security, and Disaster Recovery architectured within the systems
- A feature included with the Enterprise databases that Company is licensed to use. It will encrypt the database at rest i.e. when it is on storage or backup devices. No Application change is required.
- Data protection will be enabled so in case data is taken from Production to other environments an encryption-decryption Certificate will be required.
- Improve Company’s Applications database performance. Already started talking to Company’s service owners and vendors to implement architecture, design & query changes to enhance performance and utilize features like Auto Tuning & archive data compression
- Degree level qualification in Computer Science B.Sc or Computer Engineering
- Professional Certification preferred
- PostgreSQL Professional Certification
- EDB Professional Certification
To apply for this job please visit careers.transguardgroup.com.