- Expertise in medical record review to abstract information required to support accurate Outpatient coding
- Expertise in assigning accurate ICD-9-CM, CPT, DRG, HCPCS and other service codes for diagnosis and procedures performed in the Outpatient setting.
- Applying advanced knowledge of medical terminology , anatomy and physiology, treatment modalities , diagnostic test, medications
- Adhere to the HAAD Claims and Adjudication rules and coding guidelines
- Acts as a resource when necessary for billing, pre-authorization and reimbursement issues and Inpatient coding.
- Excellent interpersonal skills while interacting with physicians, nurses and other staffs.
- Be a mentor for the team members and work with team to ensure high level of accuracy.
- Ensure high level of patient data confidentiality.
- Knowledge on Diagnosis related grouping
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.