- Operating, leading, and managing the pastry section of the kitchen and liaising with the executive chef to ensure a successful working environment.
- Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel
- Preparing ingredients and handling baking and other kitchen equipment.
- Creating new and exciting pastries, baked goods, and confections
- Developing new recipes for seasonal menus.
- Decorating pastries and desserts to ensure beautiful and tasteful presentation.
- Monitoring the stock of baking ingredients.
- Ordering new supplies, ingredients, and equipment for the pastry section, when needed, and within budget.
- Ensuring the kitchen adheres to safety and health regulations.
- Well-versed in culinary arts with a passion for sweet and delicious creations
- 3 or more years’ experience in similar role
- Proficient in baking techniques and the pastry-making process.
- Creative ability with artistic skill in decorating cakes and other desserts.
- Keen attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation, and nutrition.
- Flexible working hours, including weekends and evenings, when necessary.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, production environment.
error: Content is protected !!