In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of Island Health (Vancouver Island Health Authority), patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
- Reporting to the Manager or designate and in keeping with the COVID-19 Orders of the Provincial Health Officer,
- the Patient Ambassador’s primary role is to greet and engage with all individuals entering the building such as visitors,
- Employees, and contractors, to ensure their attendance at the site is essential and to ensure non-essential visitors understand entrance restrictions.
- The Patient Ambassador supports the safety of patients and their families, and staff, by communicating information about visitor limits in a thoughtful and informative manner.
- Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Grade 12 and one year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.