The Performance Process Engineer reports to Operation Manager and is directly responsible to carry out plant analysis, performance monitoring, and plant testing to track plant performance status, and identify performance shortfalls as well as improvement opportunities for necessary follow-up actions, to ensure that waste throughout and power generation equipment are operating at optimal output and efficiency and clear explanation of performance reports. This role should be able to train, coach, and mentor technicians for operation and maintenance.
- Compliance with Health, Safety & Environmental requirements
- Facilitate the process of improving the plant’s operating capability, asset utilization, process optimization, and equipment reliability to meet production plan & targets and to ensure resolution, closure, and proper tracking
- Elaboration and analysis of the monthly operation and performance reports and collecting data from all relevant resources
- Analysis of costs, breakdowns, Cause/Damage, installation downtimes, and frequencies on critical equipment
- Track and trend data, analyze data, calculate results, diagnose, and evaluate issues and develop corrective actions as required
- Work with the production and maintenance department to identify trends and actions to take to resolve issues.
- Contribution to specific improvement projects, e.g. determining users’ requirements in the engineering phase, leading the operational startup of new equipment, and leading root cause analysis
- Feasibility Studies of new technology application
- Lead, special projects in operation activities that will improve the reliability and efficiency of the equipment, optimize maintenance costs and reduce equipment downtime
- Work closely with operation and maintenance teams for failure analysis or improvement proposals
- Provide basic operation training to the operation team including refresh training
The above job duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature of the work and are not intended to be an inclusive list of all responsibilities. Duties and responsibilities may change or vary depending on the specific needs of the business.
1.3 Educational/Professional Qualifications/Training Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Process Engineering)
1.4 Job Experience
- Minimum 5 to 10 years experience in power generation or similar industry
- Experience of 2 to 5 years in EfW facility is a must
- Good knowledge of tools related to the study of analysis methods (FMEA, RCM, etc.) to define the actions to be implemented
- Knowledge in thermodynamics plant performance
1.5 Core Competencies
- Safety Focus: Encourages and support the team to be safe while at work and ensures the team adheres to workplace safety, regulations, standards, and practices
- Technical Expertise: In-depth practical knowledge of processes and practices in own functional area
- Accountability: Demonstrate a sense of responsibility and ownership of own actions, assigned objectives, activities, and processes
- Processing Details/Analysis& Reasoning: Analyze factual information and integrates diverse themes and lines of reasoning to create new insights or levels of understanding for the issue at hand. Explain facts, practices, procedures, & policies to others within the organization and knows the background rules.
- Adaptability: Demonstrate reliability, high ability to work under pressure, social competency, ability to manage conflict, assertiveness, and service-oriented. Ability to manage any changes such as technical, organizational, social, and cultural
- Problem-Solving: Focus on resolving technical challenges and ensuring that decisions are made based on operational directives and solving the emerging problems. Demonstrate insight into the root causes of problems and generates a range of solutions and courses of action with benefits, costs, and risks associated with each
- Team Work: Understand own role in the team and contribute to achieving teams goals and develop a constructive working relationship with team members and exchanges knowledge and experience
- Computer skills: MS Office
- Language: Advanced English